Wet n Wild Mega Last Lip Colors – Review & swatches

Wet n Wild Mega Last Lip Colors – Review & swatches

Sunday, August 10, 2014 Sara Hassan , 14 Comments

These are definitely one of my favorites!

Mega Last Lip Color
Lips take center stage! This 4-hour, longwearing lip color leaves a semi-matte, crème finish in one stroke. Glides on easily with rich, velvety color that doesn't cake, feather, or bleed. Made with hydrating skin-care ingredients: Hyaluronic Microspheres provide extraordinary adhesion to lips, an exclusive polymer complex offers cushion-like feel and texture, and natural marine plant extracts Coenzyme Q10 and Vitamins A & E help smooth lips.

Wet n Wild Mega Last Lip Colors
Wet n Wild Mega Last Lip Colors
Wet n Wild Mega Last Lip Color Swatches (L-R): In The Flesh, Rose Bud, Mauve Outta Here, Cherry Picking & Coraline
Wet n Wild Mega Last Lip Color - In The Flesh
Wet n Wild Mega Last Lip Color - Rose Bud
Wet n Wild Mega Last Lip Color - Mauve Outta Here
Wet n Wild Mega Last Lip Color - Coraline
Wet n Wild Mega Last Lip Color - Cherry Picking
My thoughts
The packaging is horrible! Yes. I cannot stress that enough. I am ALWAYS worried that it would break or something – not travel-friendly at all! Other than that, I love it! If you’ve been following my blog, you’d know that I have got a stubborn pout – the kind that doesn’t hold any lip product in place. And these are just Godsend. The formula holds up pretty well – say around three hours – and leaves behind a nice even tint.

I own five shades from the line: In The Flesh, which is a dusty pink nude (an excellent my-lips-but-better color), Rose Bud, which is a warm pink (very wearable), Mauve Outta Here, a gorgeous cool mauve pink, Coraline, which is red based coral and Cherry Picking, a bold berry shade leaning towards fuchsia.

All five of them are really pigmented and have a matte finish. You need to apply a lip balm underneath since it feels drying. Morever, it has a tendency to emphasize lip lines so I am telling you, a lip balm is a must. Otherwise, once it’s set, it sits there for hours. 

While the shoddy packaging does break my heart a little but since these are so low-priced, I really shouldn't complain.

You might like it if…
  • You are looking for a long-wearing lip color
  • You expect full coverage
  • You are into matte finishes
  • You think it's dirt cheap
You might not like it if...
  • The formula is drying
  • The packaging is horrible
  • You think it's not travel-friendly
My rating
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-k9pvc7-MFlg/Ti7Ey2nCQdI/AAAAAAAAB5A/vAOA9RcLgyE/s1600/4.jpg 
4/5

Wet n Wild Mega Last Lip Color is priced at $2.75 if you get it from BeautyJoint.com. I bought all except Coraline which was given to me by Beauty Hub.

What do you think about these? Take it or leave it?


14 comments :

  1. These are addiction... I am telling u! Nice review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wooow nice picks and lovely swatches... I m loving rose bud, cherry picking and coraline on u.. I love these lipsticks too..I wonder why rose bud looks very dark n much brighter pink on me.... I was expecting it to be more lighter n peachier..

    ReplyDelete
  3. try pinkerbell.. its a cute pink shade.... layer it up and it will be a nice sharp colour and a single layer will give a beautiful summery pink shade <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. im looking forward to trying cherry picking... <3 nice review btw <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. All of those shades look so pretty! I do hope they revise their packaging! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the two nude shades and cherry picking!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Mauve Outta Here, such a pretty color :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful shades. Coraline is my type of shade

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can you please tell few good lipstick brands that are long lasting and hydrating?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Would it stay even after I lick my lips like a hungry dog ? :p Really in need of a lipstick that would stay after my bad bad habit of lip licking

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow...pretty shades....the other day I found these pretties on sale at Luxola.... Had doubts on what all to pick.... Ur blog is always helpful Sara... :) all shades looking pretty on you... I'd love to pick coraline n cherry picking

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment. Your lovely comments make my day. <3

Please avoid rude or inappropriate comments. Also, this is the comments section. No queries will be entertained unrelated to the post.

For queries, please write to info@sarahassansblog.com.

NOTE: Comments with LINKS will NOT be entertained. Thank you. :)